Banana Link relies upon and greatly values the volunteers who help to support many aspects of our work, and they are integral to fulfilling our aims. Volunteers can either work in the Norwich-based office or from home (or both). Activities our volunteers help out with include:
- Maintaining our websites, social media channels and online newsletters
- Helping to run stalls
- Organising conferences and events
- Undertaking field and desk research.
We also need specialist volunteers to support the work at Banana Link by translating materials between English, French and Spanish - see below.
Our volunteers are valued, and we try to provide them with a fulfulling experience, that among other things, provides:
- an insight into the operation of a non-governmental organisation (NGO)
- a chance to learn about the social and environmental impacts of international trade
- an opportunity to develop both practical and interpersonal skills
Banana Link’s international reach means that we are constantly working with partners in different parts of the world. As well as running a bi-lingual website (English and Spanish), the effectiveness of our work depends on being able to translate documents from and into Spanish and French. We rely almost exclusively on volunteers for this work, which can range from short news articles for our website to longer technical reports and documents.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer translator for Banana Link, please have a look over the short translation tests below. If you would be interested in helping to translate, you may be asked to undertake a short test. Please download the application form below and email it to our Translation Coordinator, Romina Oliveira, at firstname.lastname@example.org along with the test translation in your language combination. We will look over your form and tests to assess your level of translation ability and we will aim to get back to you within 1 month.
- Test for translation from English into Spanish and French
- Test for translation from French into Spanish and English
- Test for translation from Spanish into English and French
- Translation volunteer application form
Please follow the link to the guidance documents below. These are used by our translation volunteers to help them with translation work for Banana Link.
Local Supporters' Network
Click here to sign-up to the Local Supporters' Network - by signing up to the network, we will be able to keep you up to date about volunteer opportunities. We can also send you information about jobs, campaigning events and other initatives from key Banana Link partners. You will also automatically be added to our 'Make Fruit Fair' mailing list to receive campaign action requests and newsletters.