Banana Link relies upon and greatly values the volunteers who help to support many aspects of our work, and they are integral to fulfilling our aims.
Volunteers can either work in the Norwich-based office or from home (or both). Activities our volunteers help out with include:
- Maintaining our websites, social media channels and online newsletters
- Helping to run stalls
- Organising conferences and events
- Undertaking field and desk research.
Most of our volunteering opportunities will require basic IT skills, including use of Open Office or Microsoft Office. We also use specialist online software, including WordPress and Mailchimp.
Our volunteers are valued, and we try to provide them with a fulfilling experience, that among other things, provides:
- an insight into the operation of a non-governmental organisation (NGO)
- an opportunity to develop both practical and interpersonal skills
- a chance to learn about the social and environmental impacts of international trade
Banana Link undertakes to repay travel expenses, and a lunch allowance of up to £4 a day when working 4 hours or more in our office. Volunteers are covered by our Employers’ Liability insurance cover.