Banana Link campaigns for fair and equitable production and trade in bananas and pineapples based on environmental, social and economic sustainability.
Our vision is a world where:
- Every worker in the chain receives a living wage and is able to exercise all her/his individual and collective rights in the workplace.
- All economic stakeholders along the chain pay a decent wage and respect all relevant international labour standards.
- Small-scale and family farmers make a decent living from selling to international banana and pineapple markets.
- Consumers can buy good quality bananas and pineapples and understand the need for pricing that will guarantee decent livelihoods for producers and workers.
- The negative impacts of banana and pineapple production on the natural environment are understood and addressed.
- All players along the chain engage in constructive dialogue
- Impartiality and rigour in the collection and analysis of information and evidence.
- Openness and inclusivity towards all players in the chain who seek equitable and sustainable solutions.
- Independence from governmental and business interests.
- Highest standards of ethical conduct: integrity, transparency and accountability.
- Mutual respect and solidarity among our partners and supporters.
Our strategic objectives
Our Theory of Change is a visual framework which shows what we do, in terms of the activities we undertake, and how they help us to bring about change and meet our strategic objectives.
Photo: Children living next door to banana plantation, Dom. Republic