Banana Link campaigns for fair and equitable production and trade in bananas and pineapples based on environmental, social and economic sustainability.
Our vision is a world where:
- Every worker in the chain receives a living wage and is able to exercise all her/his individual and collective rights in the workplace.
- All economic stakeholders along the chain pay a decent wage and respect all relevant international labour standards.
- Small-scale and family farmers make a decent living from selling to international banana and pineapple markets.
- Consumers can buy good quality bananas and pineapples and understand the need for pricing that will guarantee decent livelihoods for producers and workers.
- The negative impacts of banana and pineapple production on the natural environment are understood and addressed.
- All players along the chain engage in constructive dialogue
- Impartiality and rigour in the collection and analysis of information and evidence.
- Openness and inclusivity towards all players in the chain who seek equitable and sustainable solutions.
- Independence from governmental and business interests.
- Highest standards of ethical conduct: integrity, transparency and accountability.
- Mutual respect and solidarity among our partners and supporters.
Our strategic objectives
Our Theory of Change is a visual framework which shows what we do, in terms of the activities we undertake, and how they help us to bring about change and meet our strategic objectives.
To read more about what we do, and what we aim to achieve, please see our Theory of Change.
Download a copy of our Annual Review 2016-2017
Download a copy of our strategic plan for 2014-2016
Photo: Children living next door to banana plantation, Dom. Republic